Well, serenity was nowhere near in the mood, as I got up at 3.45 AM due to a disturbed sleep. And I ended up writing for a theme post on Serene Sunday! Life is full of ironies 😉
This post is part of The Chennai Bloggers Club’s Serene Sunday series initiated to keep the spirit of blogging alive and challenging.
Serene Sunday – What is serenity to you?
Okay, so that is the question I am trying to answer here. First, I asked myself, what is serenity? Like I usually do, I rushed upto Google for help – “An expanse of clear sky or calm sea; calm, tranquil and untroubled”.
Well, I can think of stuff that does not mean serenity to me:
- Waking up to the sound of someone scolding or yelling at you – I tell you, that can easily spoil the entire day’s mood
- Having coffee in your backyard hoping for a good sunrise, but being treated to a sight of trees in your neighbor’s garden being cut down
- Checking your mail and realizing that you have been selected for the finals of a certain competition, whose results you were awaiting (not serene need not be just agitation, it can be excitement also)
- Travelling by train where a transgender demands you for money else they curse everyone in your family tree 🙁 (it disturbs me because otherwise, I respect them as fellow human beings)
- Starting late for a concert/movie, getting stuck up in traffic and swearing at yourself through the wait!
- Having a row with your best friend and missing talking to them
- Going to the beach alone, but your mind is in a total chaos
Well, hoping and wishing none of the above happens to you, who is reading this, and a happy peaceful Sunday to you 🙂 🙂
– Until next,